ok. So some stuff thats happened since I last wrote a serious life update:
1) Jason and I have lived in our apartment for 3 months now. We really love it. We’re close to our neighbors across the hall (Emily and Sam) and we spend a lot of time with them. We’re extremely happy with how quiet it is, and how lovely it is. In the mornings, I get up and I let the dog out into the back yard and it never fails to make me think of how lucky we are to have found a home we both love so much. Our other neighbors that we share the back yard with (the buildings make a right angle, and we have a large yard in between.) are planting a garden of tomatoes, cucumbers, and cantaloupe that they’re going to share with us, which is pretty cool. Already we’ve hosted a couple of parties, and we’ve only managed to have to call the landlord once.. (I accidentally let a shot glass fall down into the garbage disposal, which then shattered when we ran it) all in all, we’re just really happy with the place.
2) Jason got a teaching job! The band director of Morristown Hamblen High School East (thats literally what it’s called) was high at a basketball game and got arrested, then resigned. So jason got hired on and contracted through the end of the school year (july). He’s applied for the official full time position but we wont know for sure until later. Its pretty great though. I’ve come in to teach the colorguard and at every practice I am impressed by how talented the girls are, and how willing they are to try. It really can be a great season for them. And despite the whole getting-up-at-5-AM thing, we’re pretty pumped about his new job. He really loves it.
3) We scaled the wedding WAY back! I was getting really stressed because the guest list was pushing 275 people, and I had no idea where we were even getting married, so I, again, started begging to elope. But we came to an agreement. We’re not going to elope, but instead we’re having a very small ceremony with just 40 people (our immediate families) in jason’s parents’ back yard, and then we’re going to go to France for two weeks! We’ll spend a week in paris, then a weekend in Normandy (to visit where I lived when I studied there) and then HOPEFULLY take a train to rome for a few days. I’m very very happy with this decision, and so much more relaxed. =)
4) I dropped my English Major. It has been a decision I’ve been trying to make for a while now..but basically i’m having so much trouble with my schedule that I can’t figure out a way to make it work. All of my English major classes fall at the same time as my French Major classes, and all the creative writing classes are in the late afternoon which makes it impossible to do if you have a job. So I just had to decide what was more important to me, and for a while now I’ve known that French was. So I dropped my English Major, and now I’m seulement un francais major.
5) I quit my job at The Little Dutch. thats all I have to say about that.
6) Over all, I’m just really happy right now. Happier than I’ve been in a really really long time. I’m completely and totally in love with my wonderful fiance (Husband in two months!) and I’m really excited about where our lives are headed. It completely overwhelms me sometimes. Saturday night jason and I went out to dinner and I just started crying in the car while thinking about how happy we are. Its incredible. and I feel like a jerk because i just want to tell everyone, but I dont want to be braggy or in anyones’ face, but I can’t help it. =) We’re still wobbling, trying to get on our feet together, but we’re almost there, and we’re having a lot of fun getting there.